Thursday 6 December 2012

I'm 25 years old today

I used to think of birthdays as just another day in a year that passes by.

I don't sulk if I have to grill BBQ chickens all by myself during my birthday party. Heck, I don't even mind if the anniversary of my birth is not celebrated at all! I'm not really that sentimental about birthdays. Maybe it's because my birthday is in December - during school holiday. Therefore none of my friends could come to my birthday party because they are busy with family activities and such. Only relatives. I only look forward to my birthday celebration because of all the presents that I will get.

As I grew up, I tried to get rid of most of the materialistic-senses that I had and focus on what is the meaning of Life and find out what is my purpose for living. And you know what, I am actually thick headed and only just recently I found ... my real, one true Happiness ... in the flesh.


Before I met my husband, I was the most unhappy girl in the world. I felt that my development was arrested. I think I married my husband when I was still a girl. Still immature, very much. Some of my friends told me that they couldn't imagine me having kids because I'm still like one! =P

And as time goes by after that, I realized I grew a lot. Last time I couldn't even manage my time properly before, but now I can have time to prepare breakfast, do the laundry, cook lunch and dinner (even when I have to work 8 hours a day because I work nearby my house), pray 5 times a day, read the Quran... all in one day. And the best part is, I learned to appreciate family and friendship. And I know I couldn't do it without all of my loved ones.

So today, at 25 years of age, I received birthday wishes and I can finally smile and laugh when I read them and appreciate those wishes of happiness, because I finally fully understood love, friendship and that happiness is actually all around you, you just have to learn to let it absorb into you.

Even thought it's not your birthday, enjoy the day! Remember, happiness is a state of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment